About The Course
The Art Greets Science In Motion Mini Class presents the collaboration between two experienced and evidence-based Australian physiotherapists, who have modified and distilled their thought processes and clinical practice to encompass Bio-Psycho-Social principles. This course examines current controversies in therapy and the fitness industry and challenges biases and belief systems originating from the heavily entrenched posturo-biomechanical approach. Concepts such as core stability, mechanical diagnosis and most importantly the why and how of how things actually work (or don’t work) are challenged. This is not a “product” aimed at being a part of a compulsory ongoing training system but more of a “jam session” between two very different clinicians, who after reading the research, have come from completely different angles to the same conclusions. Most importantly, they have been able to amalgamate their clinical applications. Designed to be highly clinically relevant, research-supported motion and exercise applications are presented, suitable for use the next working day in client populations ranging from persistent pain to athletic conditioning.
In This Online Healthcare Course, You Will Learn:
- Challenge therapist and fitness professional’s biases and belief systems particularly in relation to entrenched posturo-biomechanical systems, e.g. manual therapy, core stability and systematized exercise prescription.
- Highlight the lack of quality research evidence base for commonly used therapeutic interventions.
- Illuminate the tendency of therapists and fitness professionals to form “Silos”, which possibly limits their therapy and exercise repertoire and outcomes.
- Stimulate the ability of practitioners to challenge themselves rather than accept dogmatic treatment systems.
- Understand the intricacies of retraining the lumbopelvic region and the “Deep Motion Systems”, how to connect them to motion-based on research, yet not get bogged down in convoluted techniques.
- Learn distilled yet effective exercise and motion-based techniques that move the practitioner towards the Bio-Psycho-Social approach, with minimal cognitive dissonance and skill acquisition time.
- Gain the ability to quickly and easily retrain motion targeted at increasing movement repertoire and motion IQ via 3D motion and safe force/loading.
Who Is This Course For?
All health and fitness professionals.