Why should I purchase this course?
• Firstly, we want to point out that it is RARE that we tell someone they have to stop training for anything!
• This seminar is about how to protect your core and pelvic floor, especially if you are a woman!
• We have seen and helped women who have had babies and those who haven’t – this problem is not well known because it is socially awkward but we need to educate everyone – female athletes, their coaches and males too!
• You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses. You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible. You want to know WHAT TO DO if you have a prolapse or stress urinary incontinence.
• There will be A LOT of educational material here…but in the end, it is about how to exercise and choose options safely.
• The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs…and once they have be proven by fire (testing) or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over your core and pelvic floor so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
• Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
• All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
• ANYONE who wants to learn more about core stability and the pelvic floor, exercising with prolapse and stress urinary incontinence
What will I learn?
• The role of the pelvic floor in the body
• The “core stability” muscles of the trunk
• The issues women face with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD)
• Pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
• Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
• How to train someone with PFD/POP/SUI
• A graded exercise program from very light and gentle contractions to heavy weights
• The risks and benefits of exercise
• Some myth busting about what you should and shouldn’t do…
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your core and pelvic floor – the more you understand about yourself and how your upper body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do “core and pelvic floor” exercises to protect your back…
…this seminar includes the “why”, the “how”, as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses – the key difference is RESULTS – we can prove our way works, often immediately!
Antony and his team are only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not…we will show you how.
What is included?
• Approx 3hrs of information and practical instruction in Part 2
• A colour handout with pictures and room for notes
• Lots of practical information – come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
• Please do Part 1 (which is free) before Part 2.
Online Course Extra Information
Part 2 is the practical and ‘how to’ implement the strategies to help women during exercise. There are 19 Modules in this Part.
Each module will contain the following
- Introductory information
- Learning Objectives for the module
- Slide numbers from your handouts
- The video content for the module
- Review questions
- Additional study options to further your information in this topic
- A quiz to progress to the next module/unit.
You are encouraged to use the “comments” section. This will be a great place to get your questions answered as well as interact with other like-minded people from around the world. Feel free to let people know who you are and what you do – you never know…someone might need a health or fitness professional in your neck of the woods!
The price is in USD.
- Module 1 – Core Stability
- Module 2 – Test/Retest
- Module 3 – Pelvic Floor Contraction
- Module 4 – Transversus Abdominis Contraction
- Module 5 – Lumbar Multifidus Contraction
- Module 6 – Breathing
- Module 7 – Putting It All Together
- Module 8 – IAP in Exercise and Sport
- tModule 9 – General Exercise Principles
- Module 10 – Posture
- Module 11 – #spreadtheload and #tensiontotask
- Module 12 – Double Unders
- Module 13 – Box Jumps
- Module 14 – Running
- Module 15 – Lifting
- Module 16 – Abdominals
- Module 17 – Pull-Ups
- Module 18 – Bonus Clinical Case
- Module 19 – Conclusion of the Course