What Is This Seminar About?
This seminar is about your Body…by the end of it, you will be much more aware of how to work your body, strengthen and protect it!
Who is this for?
- Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
- All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
What will I learn?
- How you and your health professional and coach should consider your body – as a well-oiled machine!
- Self-assessment for performance
- Mobility – what is it, why is it important and how do I get it?!
- Flexibility – what is it, why is it imporant and how do I combine it with mobility?
- Stability – what is it, why is it important and how do I combine it with mobility and Flexibility?
- Dissociation – what is it, why is it important and how does it relate to what I need to do in CrossFit?
- Injury prevention principles
- Exercises and drills on how to improve your mobility and stability for your back and hips
- How to plan your own rehab path with your health professional
- How to train with an injury and progress back to normal function
- How to overcome performance plateaus – breaking through to new Personal Bests/Records!
- Antony’s thoughts, observations and experiences in treating elite athletes over the course of his career and how that applies to your training.
Why Should I Come?
- So you don’t waste your precious time doing things that doesn’t work!
- You want to work on your weaknesses in a time efficient manner.
- You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible.
- You know you will have to stretch some muscles and joints.
- You know you will have to strengthen your muscles.
- You will need good control of your joints…but how do you know which ones to do? You don’t have time to do them all – so which ones need work? This seminar is designed to answer that for you – how to identify your weaknesses, how to prioritize your accessory/rehab/remedial work and how to move more optimally.
- The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs…and once they have be proven by fire or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over back and hips so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your body – the more you understand about yourself and how your body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do “core” exercises to protect your back…
…this seminar includes the “why”, the “how”, as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses – the key difference is RESULTS – we can prove our way works!
Antony is only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not…we will show you how.
What is included?
- 8 hrs of information and practical instruction (7.30am to 5pm with 1hr lunch break and breaks throughout the seminar)
- The WODs are optional and can be scaled but we strongly suggest that everyone takes part in it as we look for how people move
- Lots of practical information – come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!