As a health or fitness professional, you have a lot of the pelvic health knowledge you need to help your clients but they just don’t seem to be responding or achieving their dream goals. Sure, their symptoms have improved a bit but they still can’t run, jump, lift heavy weights or take part in what they want to do. They might be ante-natal, post-natal or never been pregnant – they may have incontinence, pelvic-organ prolapse, and/or diastasis.
You might have been taught that these high impact, high load exercises and activities are “bad” things to do, and certainly not everyone can go back to doing these things…
…but what if we were taught things that aren’t quite true, that the evidence doesn’t seem to support?
You might not actually change the things you do, but I hope you change the reasons why you do them!
You are already a good therapist or fitness professional. You already change peoples lives. We genuinely want to acknowledge that. But you want to be better. You want to help more people.
- To provide a chance for health and fitness professionals to think about their thinking, models, biases, and beliefs and then to challenge them!
- To introduce a framework from which you can approach the acquisition of knowledge, assessment and management of Female Athletes
- To provide a basic understanding of high intensity training (using CrossFit as a base model but including bootcamp, HIIT, Tabata, etc) for female athletes/participants
- To introduce participants with the tools to be able to communicate, assess and treat high intensity training athletes more specifically
- To deal with ante-natal and post natal exercise considerations in high intensity exercise.