About the course
A collaboration between two experienced and evidence based Australian physiotherapists, who have modified and distilled their thought processes and clinical practice to encompass Bio-Psycho-Social principles.
This course was presented at the Women’s Health and Fitness Summit at the end of 2017. It seeks to mythbust and challenge biases and belief systems originating from the heavily entrenched posturo-biomechanical approach. Concepts such as core stability, mechanical diagnosis and most importantly the why and how of how things actually work (or dont work) are challenged.
This is not a “product” aimed at being a part of a compulsory ongoing training system but more of a “jam session” between two very different clinicians, who after reading the research, have come from completely different angles to the same conclusions. Most importantly they have been able to amalgamate their clinical applications. Designed to be highly clinically relevant, research supported motion and exercise applications are presented, suitable for use the next working day in client populations ranging from persistent pain to athletic conditioning.
The two practical sessions which are included help to illustrate how both Antony and Robin work in a biopsychosocial model using motion and exercise to help the client achieve their goals.
Doing this course will not only stimulate you intellectually but give you practical ideas on how to help your clients immediately.
- Challenge therapist and fitness professional’s biases and belief systems particularly in relation to entrenched posturo-biomechanical systems, e.g. manual therapy, core stability and systematized exercise prescription
- Highlight the lack of quality research evidence base for commonly used therapeutic interventions
- Illuminate the tendency of therapists and fitness professionals to form “Silos”, which possibly limits their therapy and exercise repertoire and outcomes
- Stimulate the ability of practitioners to challenge themselves rather than accept dogmatic treatment systems
- Gain the ability to quickly and easily retrain motion targeted at increasing movement repertoire and motion IQ via 3D motion and safe force/loading
- Gain the ability to quickly and easily progress a client through impact and loading exercises in a women’s health context
What are people saying about this course?
“I had the great fun of having a lot of my preconceived notions about posture, pelvises and pee challenged by Antony and Robyn at AGSIM. Discovering new ways to move, and opening a door to exploring training that I had thought was behind me due to my pain and injuries was incredibly empowering; both as a fitness provider and as an enthusiast.”
— Chloe Pedley, Personal Trainer
“After 25 years of working in the fitness industry, the AGSIM course completely opened my mind up in terms of thinking about why I do what I do! Not only is the knowledge shared gold standard, it has been condensed and practically presented in a way that is useful and relevant to any fitness professional or therapist who uses movement with their clients. Both presenters are nothing short of inspirational!”
— Kathy Tomaras, Personal Trainer/Gym Instructor