Diastasis Recti: Are you holding yourself or your clients back from feeling better, getting stronger, and finding joy in movement again?
Who is this course for?
- Physical Therapists/ Physiotherapists
- Coaches/ Trainers
- Anyone that works with female athletes
By the end of the course, you will be able to…
- Understand how Diastasis Recti myths and fear can play a role in holding ourselves or our clients back
- Identify the role pain can play when assessing Diastasis
- Review and reflect on the language you use regarding Diastasis
- Rethink the ways in which you might assess which exercises are appropriate for yourself or your clients
What topics will be covered?
- Different parts of the core (“inner core”, “deep core”, “outer core,” TA, rectus abdominis, obliques, pelvic floor, multifidus)
- Hernia vs. Diastasis Recti
- Back pain
- Sit ups
- Hollow hold/rock
- Muscle ups
- Kipping Pull ups
- GHD sit-ups
Structure of the Course:
- The course uses Teachable as the Learning Platform hosted on My PT Education – therefore you can access your course via your computer, tablet or phone with iPhone users having a special app via the App Store.
- The consultation is delivered via video with an audio option included so you can listen via the App or web browser – over 4 hours of Video/Audio Content!
- Antony and Lisa debrief what they were thinking during each step of the consultation.
- The coaching consultation is split up into 27 segments that are 10-20 minutes in length.
- Reflection questions are provided at the end of each segment to ensure you are thinking about the most important points.
- After giving you some time to complete the course, Lisa and Antony will be doing a live portion where you can ask them questions. If you cannot attend live, you can send in your questions and a replay will be available.
- Google Forms are used throughout for the optional reflection questions so you can fill them in and they will be automatically emailed to you for your review later on. You can also add in questions/notes that you want to bring to the live Q & A portion
Antony and Lisa met via a mutual friend Brianna Battles – Brianna and Antony have been friends for years and Lisa needed to see someone about her Diastasis so Lisa booked in for an appointment online.
A one hour session turned into 2 and we had Lisa’s physical therapist there as well as her friend Katie to hold the camera. What followed was the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
Both Lisa and Antony share a love of CrossFit, #DiastasisRecti, and empowering women through physical activity.
Lisa generously allowed her initial assessment to be made into this course and we recorded our thoughts while we watched the content. We hope you enjoy the course – find out more about Antony and Lisa under “Explore – Our Teaching Staff“
What are people saying about this course?
“I can not recommend this course enough – it takes a unique and original view on Diastis recti management.
We get to see an actual real time consult with Lisa and get to watch her progress in a short space of time. Then we get to see Antony and Lisa review the consult and tell us their insights into what was going on for both of them.
This course is extremely beneficial for anyone working with or living with Diastasis as it tackles many of the stories surrounding treatment and the return to high level sport.
It will have you thinking and reflecting on all your thoughts around the topic of diastasis and give you a whole new perspective on it.”
Nicola Robertson, Physiotherapist, ON, Canada