Why should I purchase this course?
• Firstly, we want to point out that it is RARE that we tell someone they have to stop training for anything!
• This seminar is about how to protect your core and pelvic floor, especially if you are a woman!
• We have seen and helped women who have had babies and those who haven't - this problem is not well known because it is socially awkward but wee need to educate everyone - female athletes, their coaches and males too!
• You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses. You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible. You want to know WHAT TO DO if you have a prolapse or stress urinary incontinence.
• There will be A LOT of educational material here...but in the end, it is about how to exercise and choose options safely.
• The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs...and once they have be proven by fire (testing) or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over your core and pelvic floor so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
• Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
• All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
• ANYONE who wants to learn more about core stability and the pelvic floor, exercising with prolapse and stress urinary incontinence
What will I learn?
• The role of the pelvic floor in the body
• The "core stability" muscles of the trunk
• The issues women face with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD)
• Pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
• Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
• How to train someone with PFD/POP/SUI
• A graded exercise program from very light and gentle contractions to heavy weights
• The risks and benefits of exercise
• Some myth busting about what you should and shouldn't do...
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your core and pelvic floor - the more you understand about yourself and how your upper body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do "core and pelvic floor" exercises to protect your back...
...this seminar includes the "why", the "how", as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses - the key difference is RESULTS - we can prove our way works, often immediately!
Antony and his team are only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not...we will show you how.
What is included?
• Over 5 hrs of information and practical instruction
• A colour handout with pictures and room for notes
• Lots of practical information - come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
Welcome to the “Bulletproof” Your Body - Pelvic Floor and Core - Level 1 Course!
There are 2 parts to this course.
Part 1 is the theory and issues facing women during exercise with respect to Incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain. There are 10 Modules in this Part.
Part 2 is the practical and how to implement the strategies to help women during exercise. There are 19 Modules in this Part.
Each module will contain the following
You are advised to take advantage of the forum that has been set up for you. This will be a great place to get your questions answered as well as interact with other like-minded people from around the world. Feel free to let people know who you are and what you do - you never know...someone might need a health or fitness professional in your neck of the woods!
The price is in USD.
The Physio Detective Sydney,
Australia Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Master in Manual Therapy (UWA)
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice over 21 years (old enough to see old things come back as new things!). He completed his post-graduate masters in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialisation training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. He has been involved with treating CrossFit athletes for 7 years and has helped some of the world’s best CrossFitters at the highest levels through to beginners of all ages. He loves and participates in CrossFit and is a strong advocate for the sport. Through participation and through his work as a Physiotherapist at all levels of CrossFit, he has developed a model of treatment that utilises the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare. He is NOT an employee of CrossFit, he does not represent or work for them in any way and his views and opinions are entirely his own. He holds a CrossFit level 1 – Trainer Certificate and is a CrossFit Football Coach/Consultant (now CrossFit Sports Sepcific Application). Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia!